Decades Past

Tuesday, December 17, 2013


I've said in plenty of posts that I'm a big fan of fashion from decades past. My ultimate favorite would definitely have to be the 50's. Ever since I was a small girl I used to see the old movies and think how beautiful all the women looked. I always said that when I grew up I wanted to look just like them.


I guess when I was smaller I never really thought of the way that women were portrayed at that time, basically to be the perfect housewife. Now, I see how that was interpreted into their wardrobe. It maybe a bit controversial but to me it's simply a love of the clothes. They make me feel like nothing can go wrong in the world.


All I simply see and ponder is how classic this look really is. How everything seemed to be so effortlessly put together. There seemed to be no wrinkle in sight. Women with perfect hair and as beautiful as ever. To me this is really what beauty is. Being able to pull off and outfit with absolutely no effort whatsoever. 


Pencil skirts and full skirts were all part of the fashion in this decade. The high waists made everything look so elegant. The colors and prints that could be paired off with amazing kitten heels that are just to die for. Talking about this decade really makes me think if I was born in the wrong decade, but then again makes me think and appreciate it way more.

To me this is the classics of classics. There is nothing more form fitting than clothes from this decade. They truly bring out the feminine form and make the women look super sophisticated and refined. This decade is the one that always inspires me whenever I'm putting my outfits together. Just think if today we could find, Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor and Grace Kelly just wandering around us in their perfect outfits. I would definitely be one to drop my jaw.


What's your favorite fashion era? I would love to know and read your comments!





You Might Also Like

0 comments