A night out at the Cerveceria.

Friday, April 24, 2015



Last night my husband and I decided to go out. It has been the first time we've been out since our son was born. To tell you the truth, it felt weird, lol. I hadn't been out in long time and drinking was definitely out of the question so doing all of this was kind of new to me again, nevertheless...I did enjoy it.

My husband is a beer enthusiast. He loves everything about it and has passed on some of that love to me as well. We've home-brewed together and have gone on beer shopping sprees. You could say that the love of beer always brings us together. 

Every week or so we buy our stash of craft beers for the week. We make a very varied selection so we can give our palates a party. On one of these shopping sprees we came across 5 Rabbit Cerveceria and we fell in love. We fell even more in love when we found out that the brewery was only a few minutes drive away. Located in Bedford Park, Illinois. We were taken by surprise by all the names that they had given to their beer. Being Mexican we were instantly hooked with the names and the ingredients that they used. All of this leads to my first visit to the brewery yesterday.

As I walked in the first thing that greeted me was the smell of tacos. A small taquero stand because it was Taco Thursday. Every Thursday from 4pm-10pm. We made our way into the Rabbit Hole. I was greeted and asked if I wanted a flight and immediately without hesitation I said yes. We took our seats as I waited for this beautiful rainbow of deliciousness to take its place in-front of me. I was given the 5 Rabbit Golden Ale, Cerveza Especial, Gringolandia Magnifica Wheat, 5 Grass Hoppy Ale, 5 Vulture Oaxacan Style Ale and the Paleta Fruty Wheat. I didn't now where to start so I just went from right to left.

The 5 Rabbit had a great bitter taste. This was my favorite out of al six. It was the first one I drank but I wish it was the last one so I could of savored it more. The Cerveza Especial was too sweet for my taste but that's just me. I just like a more strong or bitter beer. The Gringolandia was light and not too overpowering. 5 Grass was also one of my favorites, gotta love the hops. The 5 Vulture was interesting with a toasted taste that was very pleasing and last the Paleta. The Paleta is made from Guava or Guayaba which I am not a fan of. I took one for the team and gave it a try. You would think that a pink brew would be weird or super sweet but this was just perfect, just fruity enough.

I was tasting all this wonderfulness while listening to great songs Los Fabulosos Cadillacs, Soda Stereo and everything in between. People around that made it feel very home like. A great atmosphere you could say that felt like family. Very comfortable space to talk and spend a great time.

There is a little corner of merchandise where you can purchase t-shirts, glasses and more. And of course you can buy their beer there as well. Overall this was a great night, great service and great quality. I had a great time with my husband and enjoyed great tasting beer. This will be one of many more visits to come. I highly recommend it. 

At the end we made a little purchase for out beer library. Cheers!



















You Might Also Like

0 comments