Review: Kat Von D Metal-Matte Eyeshadow Palette

Friday, December 16, 2016



About a month ago I walked by Sephora and like any normal person, I had to go in. I was contemplating on whether to purchase the Kat Von D contour kit of her limited edition Metal-Matte eye-shadow palette. After walking around for almost an hour I decided to go for the palette. I was so glad I had made this decision because as soon as I got home I found out the palette was sold out online!

I had been meaning to write this review for a while but I wanted to give the palette some use to make sure I actually had something to review about. So here goes that long awaited review.

First, I'm going to talk about the amazing presentation! If you didn't know, Kat designs all her products but I am completely in love with this one. The Metal-Matte writing is a metallic ambigram. You have it one way and it says matte and when you flip it around it says metal. It's such an original way to present the palette.


The palette is beautiful inside and out and the colors just pop out. I'm just starting to build up my eye-shadow collection and thought this was a must. It comes with nine 13 matte and 9 metallic shades. The mattes range from black, nudes and pastels. The colors are perfect for every day use. The metallic ones are so shiny and the shades are amazing.


Top Mattes (Left to right): Velvet, Bone, Suede, Oak, Feather, Fringe, Silk, Ribbon, Moss, Stone, Velour, Jet, Linen.
Bottom Metals (Left to right): Flash, Synergy, Volt, Twinkle, Glitz, Tinsel, Ignite, Watt, Nebula.

The shadows are the smoothest thing ever. They are buttery and apply perfectly. They are great for blending and completely compliment each other. The mattes work perfectly with metal shades. I have used many combinations but have yet to try out all the shades. It has definitely become on of my go to palettes and it's wonderful to know that all of Kat's products are cruelty free. Plus, you have the great mirror that comes in the palette!

The bad things that I would have to say about this palette are the Linen and Bone tones, I would preferred another color rather than two similar ones. I think I believe this just because I'm just not a fan of whiter eye-shadow tones, other people may have a different opinion. Overall, I love this palette, it's a great addition to my collection. 

                        

The palette may still be available at Sephora stores, I highly recommend you look for it, a palette that is different and very versatile.

You Might Also Like

0 comments